HTC One X
HTC One X gets Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) based Android Open Source Project (AOSP) custom ROM. You will need ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in your device in order to install this ROM. Those who want to install the ROM can check the tutorial below. IBTimes UK cautions readers to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Note: Below method below is compatible only with HTC One X. Have a look at the things below which are reported to be working:
- Phone calls
- GSM Data
- Video Playback (including HD)
- Works with any HBOOT version
- Bluetooth file transfer, tethering and input devices (HID -> keyboards)
- Wireless tethering
To install Android 4.2.1 AOSP on HTC One X:
- Download Android 4.2.1 AOSP ROM Google Apps package.
- Now, copy both downloaded to the device.
- Backup the existing ROM. Firstly, turn off your device and boot into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down Power buttons.
- Once in Fastboot mode, browse to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Fastboot reboot
- Follow onscreen instructions. Select Bootloader and go to Recovery.
- In CWM recovery, wipe data. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card.
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card.
- Navigate to and choose the ROM zip file. Confirm the installation on the next screen.
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now.
Your HTC One X should now have Android 4.2.1 AOSP custom ROM installed.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader