Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi
The Wi-Fi variant of the Motorola Xoom (MZ604) can now be updated to Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) by using a custom firmware; an official version of a CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) custom ROM based on Jelly Bean software.
Users should keep in mind this build is a Jelly Bean-based ROM and is still under development. Hence, it might contain bugs or other issues. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure that USB driver is installed
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device is rooted and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
To Flash Jelly Bean-Based CM10.1 ROM on Motorola Xoom
Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 for Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604
- Connect the tablet to the computer using a USB cable and copy the zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch device off and enter CWM Recovery (to do so, press Power to switch device on and when the boot screen appears, tap Volume Down repeatedly and then press Volume Up to enter Recovery)
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, select Backup and Restore > Backup and wait for process to complete). Return to main Recovery menu after action completes
- Perform a data wipe task (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes and wait for process to complete). Return to main Recovery menu after action completes
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition, wait for process to complete and return to main Recovery menu after action completes
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Navigate to and select the ROM zip file and confirm installation by tapping Yes
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps package
- Perform a second data wipe
- Go back to main Recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot device and boot into CM10.1 ROM
The Android 4.2.1-based CM10.1 ROM has now been installed on the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader