Android 4.1.2, with build number XXBMA1, Jelly Bean firmware has been rolled out for the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number I9305. Although the update is for users in France (Orange subscribers), it is compatible with some of the European countries. The software update brings premium suite pack for Galaxy S3.
Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean firmware is available for Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Version: Android 4.1.2
Regions supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean features
1) Android 4.1.2-JZO54K
2) Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, like Note 2)
3) Page Buddy
4) New Gallery app
5) Notification panel can be customised
6) Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can be disabled
7) Smart Rotation (Screen display adjusts according to angle of sightings)
8) Continuous Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
9) Paper Artist app
10) Group Cast app
Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean firmware can be installed either via OTA or Samsung Kies. Those who fail to update their handsets using the official procedure may follow the guide below to install the software update manually. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. The Jelly Bean firmware works only on LTE Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305, therefore, users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before proceeding.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Create backup for all important data.
4) The Galaxy S3 should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware which will replace custom builds.
6) Since this is an official firmware, it will not increase binary counter.
7) Extract downloaded archive only once. If the extracted file does not contain any Modem, CSC or pit file, that means such files are not required.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 LTE to your computer. Extract the downloaded firmware zip file to get a .tar file with some other files
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Switch off the Galaxy S3 and enter Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button together until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen. Wait for a few seconds and the device will be in Download Mode soon
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy S3 to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear if the phone is successfully connected to the computer
[Note: If the Added message does not appear then try another USB port (try the port located at the back side of the computer). In case that too does not work, then reinstall the driver.]
6) In Odin select the files, extracted from the XXBMA1 folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps if such files are not found.]
7) Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin window are selected. Ensure the Re-partition checkbox is also selected, if a .pit file is being used
8) Finally, hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
9) After the installation is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and a 'Pass' message with green background in the extreme left box at top of Odin will arrive soon. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone
[Note: If the Galaxy S3 gets stuck at booting animation after step-9 then browse to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/Factory Reset, then select 'Reboot System now' to reboot the device.]
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 should be now running on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to check the software version on the phone.
Head over to this thread to check how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader