Samsung has recently released Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean firmware for global version of Samsung Galaxy S Advance with model number I9070. The update, which is completely unbranded, is originally rolled out to the users in Russia and is compatible with some of the European countries.
Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean firmware released for Galaxy S Advance I9070.
The XXLPZ Jelly Bean official build is expected to fix the bug issues reportedly spotted in the previous Android 4.1.2 XXLPY.
Meanwhile, XDA developer, Shaaan, has released a root package allowing the Galaxy S Advance users to root their devices. The developer has confirmed IBTimes UK stating the root package should work on all the versions of Android 4.1.2.
The root package, as the developer claims, does not increase binary counters in addition to that the process does not require kernel changing.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Galaxy S Advance users, who have already upgraded their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean and now wish to root the same for several purposes such as to install custom ROMs, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
1) Download and install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the important data of the phone.
4) Verify the battery of Galaxy S Advance should have at least 50 per cent of charge.
5) The root package works with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 not with any other variants, flashing this root package on other variant is likely to brick the device.
Steps to root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean
1) Download root package for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer
2) Plug in the USB cable to Galaxy S Advance to connect it with computer. Then copy the downloaded zip file to the external SD card of the phone
3) Now disconnect the phone from the computer and then switch off the phone
4) Enter into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
5) Navigate using the Volume buttons and select apply update from external storage
6) Now locate the root.zip file which is saved in the external SD card of the device. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation
7) Once the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now' to reboot the phone
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 running on Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted. To verify the aforementioned root method is installed and working properly, download Root Checker app which is available at Google Play Store.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader