Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean Over-The-Air (OTA) update has been released for the LTE version of Galaxy Note 2 with model number N7105.
Android 4.1.2 XXDBM3 Jelly Bean firmware is available for galaxy Note 2 LTE.
The firmware is currently available only for the Note 2 users from Singapore. However, it is compatible with a number of European countries including the UK. The XXDMB3 Jelly Bean reportedly carries bug fixes and maintenance update. Users can install the update via Samsung Kies.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Version: Android 4.1.2
Regions supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, UK
Galaxy Note 2 users, who fail to update their phones using the official method, may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below to install the update manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their phones since the Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105. Flashing this on any other variant may brick the device.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create backup for all the data of the phone.
4) Verify the battery of the Note 2 should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of the official build. In addition to that, it will lose custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP which will be replaced by the stock recovery.
6) The device be no longer be a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
1) Download Android 4.1.2 N7105XXDBM3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 LTE to the computer. Extract the downloaded firmware zip to get a .tar file along with other files
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with other files
3) Switch off the Note and enter into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. After the warning screen appears, press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the Note to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will appear under Odin's message box. If the phone is connected to the computer successfully, the COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
[Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the port located at the back side of the computer. If that does not work, then reinstall USB drivers.]
6) Select these files, extracted from the N7105XXDMB3 folder, in the order mentioned to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps, if such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Select the Re-Partition option in case a .pit file is being used
8) Now click the START button in Odin to begin installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will automatically restart and soon a 'PASS' message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Now unplug the USB cable from the phone
[Note: In case the Galaxy Note 2 gets stuck at the booting animation after step-9, then go to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/factory Reset and Wipe cache Partition task. Then select 'Reboot System now' to reboot the device.]
The Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 should be now updated with Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software running on the device.
Click here to learn more about how to root Galaxy Note 2 LTE on running on Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader