Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM [How to Install]
Following a spate of preview releases, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 users can finally enjoy the latest Jelly Bean firmware (Android 4.2.2) with due release of CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) Nightly ROM. The custom ROM brings a host of Jelly Bean features on a fast, stable and bloatware free firmware for the ultimate Android experience.
NOTE: As the CM10.1 custom ROM is a nightly release, it may harbour a few untested bugs or broken features leading to FC errors, boot loops, app crashes and other intermittent boot issues. If any such issues arise, just reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM to fix it.
Key Points to Note
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the Galaxy Tab 2 P3113 on computer (download USB drivers).
- Back up important data and settings on your tablet and ensure the device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the tablet by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the tablet is running Android 2.3 or earlier). Otherwise if the device is running Android 4.2, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Tablet
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number.
- Tap the Build Number for seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Then enable or select the checkbox for USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that the device is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from the Recovery mode.
- Your tablet will not be recognised by Samsung KIES after installing the custom firmware.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if the device is damaged or bricked during or after firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Step 1 - Download Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the tablet's USB mass storage on computer with the original USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.2.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of your tablet's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the tablet and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot the tablet into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device enters CWM recovery.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to CM10.1 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your tablet's SD card and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - After both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The tablet will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, be patient.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is now succesfully updated to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader