Microsoft has once again started rolling out the Windows Phone 7.8 update with major improvements. Recently the tech giant had temporarily suspended distribution of OS update after many users complained about the heavy battery drain.
The latest update comes with the following improvements;
- Start: The Start option will provide resizable Live Tiles (small, medium, and large) in order to customize Start experience in new ways.
- Accent colors: The update brings more Accent colors up to 20. The color which is selected will show up in various places around phone, like the Tiles on Start, in your App list, on web links, in Messaging, even in Excel Mobile.
- Lock screen:Improves the lock screen experience with accidental wipe protection features and the Bing image of the day wallpaper.
- Marketplace and Xbox:Expands Windows Phone Marketplace and Xbox support to new countries and regions.
- Fonts:Enhances the Chinese font and improves the appearance of Arabic and other languages.
- Live Tiles:Fixes performance issues from a previous update.
Last week, Nokia officially confirmed via its Russian Twitter account that, Microsoft had stopped update for its older Windows-based smartphones including Lumia 510, Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900.
"Microsoft decided to temporarily suspend distribution updates WP7.8 for finalization," reads the tweet. The tweet by Nokia's Russian account was in response to a Lumia user asking the company about battery issue after the user updated his device to Windows Phone 7.8 operating system.
Many Nokia Lumia users have been complaining about the heavy battery drain issue after the Windows Phone 7.8 OS update. Meanwhile, Microsoft said the new Live Tiles seem to use huge amount of data resulting in the battery's faster exhaustion. Microsoft will probably resume the WP 7.8 update once the battery issue is resolved.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.ca, the business news leader