Galaxy Grand I9082 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXAMC7 Jelly Bean Firmware [
Samsung recently rolled out the latest official Jelly Bean firmware, Android 4.1.2 XXAMC7, for its newly released Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 smartphone. The official firmware is now available for download via Samsung KIES as well as Over-The-Air (OTA) update. However, users who missed the twin opportunity can now download and install the same manually using this guide.
Android 4.1.2 XXAMC7 Jelly Bean Firmware Details
Date: 2013 April
NOTE: As this is an official release, root access to the device will be lost soon after installing the firmware. Just re-root the device to regain full system access and be able to install third-party root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks. The installation of this firmware requires ODIN flash tool and it is not CWM recovery flashable.
Key Points to Note
- XXAMC7 official firmware and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Grand I9082 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Ensure the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy Grand I9082 USB drivers)
- Backup important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure the phone's battery has at least 80 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during firmware installation.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). Otherwise if device is running Android 4.2, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
- Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that the device is factory unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier).
- If the device is stuck at booting or experiencing boot loop issues, then perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow the newly installed ROM to stabilise for at least five minutes before working on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only.IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable if the device is damaged during or after ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXAMC7 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Grand I9082
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 I9082XXAMC7 official firmware for Galaxy Grand I9082 on the computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download ODIN v1.85 which is required to install the official firmware on the phone.
Step 3: Turn off the phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. Hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4: Launch ODIN on computer and connect the phone to it while the phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5: When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes turns yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming and take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Step 6: Now choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on the phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' checkbox and choose the file with 'tar' or '.md5' in its name.
- Select the 'Phone' checkbox and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Choose the 'CSC' checkbox and click the file named 'CSC'. Ignore if such file is missing.
- Click the 'PIT' checkbox and choose the .pit file. Ignore if such file is absent.
Step 7: In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked ONLY if a .PIT file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 8: Now hit Start button in ODIN and the firmware installation process will begin. Wait for a few minutes until the process completes.
Step 9: Once the firmware installation completes, the phone will reboot automatically. When the home screen appears, just disconnect the phone from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is now running the official Android 4.1.2 XXAMC7 Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader