Several details revealed that Final Fantasy Versus XIII becomes exclusive to Sony PlayStation 4 and will not be released on Xbox. A report details the financial help from Sony to Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIII development.
According to Game Blog, Sony Computer Entertainment is helping Square Enix financially transition the game to the next-generation system. The rumours spreading which claims that game has been cancelled are all untrue and assuring the game's release to both PS4 and PS3.
The source also included that Square Enix will not release the game to Xbox due to the efforts of Sony backing up the development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Although the situation makes the game exclusive only to Sony PlayStation, there are no confirmation on how long the game will remain as such. Fans of the game series around the world will be reminded of the game's original heritage.
For the meantime, fans of the Final Fantasy Series needs to be patient for the unveiling of the upcoming game instalment. Some speculation surrounds Square Enix for replaying the same engine trailer which was already shown at E3 2012. However, there are no confirmation for any changes in the game till the demo from Sony's event or at the E3 2013.
Here are some details about the upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Currently under development and details are yet to be confirmed
- Part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy
- No physical connection to the rest of the project
- Independent storyline and unique visual design
- Some of the game play details include 2D Final Fantasy in HD with 3rd person view, day & night cycles, cloud formations, more dynamic lighting system, loading scene is replaced with an event scene, battle action and pace is similar with Kingdom Hearts, and real-time environments during battle.
- Yoko Shimomura will compose the music, same composer of the Kingdom Hearts series and Super Mario RPG.
- Directed by Tetsuya Nomura
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader