LG's flagship smartphone, LG G2 running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, is now available in the UK. Following the market roll-out, senior XDA member, thecubed, has released a root package which works on all variants of LG G2.
LG G2 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
As the developer notes, this is very simple and easy to use root package, which is named as IORoot. Besides, the developer has shared an easy method to root the LG G2. Head over to the development page to know more about the root file. Below are the LG G2 variants supported by this root package.
LG G2 variants
UK LG G2 D802 (Shipping ROM)
Telus LG G2 D803 (Shipping ROM)
Bell LG G2 D803 (Shipping ROM)
Rogers LG G2 D803 (Shipping ROM)
KT LG G2 F320k (Shipping ROM)
T-Mobile LG G2 (Shipping ROM)
Verizon LG G2 VS980- VS98011A (OTA)
Verizon LG G2 VS980- VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
AT&T LG G2 D800- D80010d
LG G2 users who wished to root their devices may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to ensure their devices meet following set of requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for LG G2 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed, backup data using the recovery.
4) The LG G2 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) Rooting the phone will void its manufacturer's warranty. Users can reclaim the warranty back by unrooting the device later.
7) The root package and the method works only on LG G2. As applying this to any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of LG G2 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Steps to root LG G2 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Step-1: Download root package for LG G2 to the computer