The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T recently received an Over-The-Air (OTA) update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which comes with a few fixes and improvements. The device will be updated to the firmware version 10.4.2.13. Now, an XDA senior member known as surdu_petru, has rooted the latest update and released it as a standalone ROM that allows users to directly update to the latest official Jelly Bean firmware on their Transformer Pad TF300T.
Users can install the rooted 10.4.2.13 firmware over either stock Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or Jelly Bean.
Take a look at the guide below to install the rooted 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean firmware. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed with the method at their own risk. We will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- The guide below is compatible only with Transformer Pad TF300T and not with other devices. To manually check your device's model number you can head to Settings > About tablet.
- The method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data as well as APN settings.
- Ensure that the bootloader is unlocked on Transformer Pad TF300T. To do so, head to Asus Support page and choose Android in the OS drop down menu and then choose Utilities. Download the Unlock Device App and copy it to the device. Install the Unlock Device App in order to unlock the bootloader. Please keep in mind that this will void your device's warranty and erase data on the device. We recommend you make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
- Finally, make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your device. Please note that this will not work with CWM recovery.
How to install rooted 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean firmware on Transformer Pad TF300T:
- Download the rooted firmware from here
- Extract the downloaded file by using a program such as 7-zip
- Copy the asus.zip file to the device's internal storage
- Turn off tablet and boot to CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Keep holding until you see a message on the screen which says "Press Vol Up to enter RCK (5s)". Press Volume button within five seconds to enter CWM recovery. To scroll use the Volume buttons
- Tap on Backup and then slide the blue circle button located at the bottom in order to begin back-up of your existing ROM
- On completing back-up, go back to the main menu by clicking the home button
- Tap on Wipe and then tap on Cache/Dalvik cache in order to wipe the cache. After completing the wiping process, go back to main recovery menu
- Choose Install and then navigate to and select the asus.zip file. Confirm the installation for flashing the file
- After the installation, choose Reboot system button to reboot the device and boot into ROM.
You have now installed rooted 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean firmware on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]