Owners of the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 can update their tablets to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the help of CyanogenMod 10 ROM, courtesy of RaymanFX, senior member at xda-developers forum.
"I compiled this from source, using my own device tree, modified to cope with the need of Cyanogenmod," claimed RaymanFX. "As always, an overclockable, stable and speedy kernel is included."
Wi-Fi, GPS, sound, Bluetooth, overclocking up to 1.6GHz, HDMI audio and external SD card are reported to be working. However, NTFS R/W is not working. Although the ROM is said to be stable, users have to keep in mind that it is an unofficial custom ROM. Hence, minor bugs or issues might occur.
Read on to see how to install CM10 ROM on Asus Transformer TF101. The method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: Procedure below is compatible only with Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. IBTimes UK advises users that the procedure will void warranty and erase data. We recommend users make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Finally, ensure that you have installed ClockworkMod recovery on your tablet.
- Download latest version of ROM from xda-developers' forum.
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Now, without extracting the files copy them to your device's SD card.
- Switch off your device and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume and Power buttons both together. As soon as you see words scrolling at the top of the device, press Volume Up button to make the device enter recovery mode.
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM which will allow you to restore it if the new ROM will not work. To do so, head to Backup and Restore > select Backup once again. Now, go back to main recovery menu.
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. Wait until wiping completes.
- Now, choose install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SDcard. Scroll to ROM and select it. Once again, choose "Yes" to confirm installation. ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard and then choose Google Apps package file for installation.
- Finally, go back and then choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device into CM10.
CM10, based on Jelly Bean, is installed on your Asus Transformer Eee Pad TF101.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]