Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 owners can now taste the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the latest custom Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) ROM. The CyanogenMod (CM) 10 and Android Open Source Project (AOSP) ROMs have already been ported on the Transformer TF101. This time, the tablet can run Jelly Bean via AOKP ROM, courtesy, a member known as K900 on RootzWiki.
According to a thread on RootzWiki, everything is working including full dock support.
Check out the guide below to install AOKP ROM on Asus Transformer TF101. Please note that the method involves a risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: The method is compatible only with Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. IBTimes UK advises users that the procedure will void warranty and erase data. We advise users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Finally, ensure that you have installed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your tablet.
- Download latest version of ROM from official thread at RootzWiki
- Download Google Apps package
- Copy both downloaded zip files to your tablet's SD card
- Switch off the device and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume and Power buttons ogether. As soon as you see words scrolling at the top of the device, press Volume Up button to make the device enter recovery mode. In recovery, use Volume buttons to scroll up or down and Power button to choose the options
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM. To do so, go to Backup and Restore > select Backup once again. On completing backup, go back to main recovery menu
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation
- Now, choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM and select it. Once again, choose "Yes" to confirm installation. ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard once again and then choose Google Apps package file for installation
- Finally, choose go back and then choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device into AOKP ROM
AOKP ROM, based on Jelly Bean is installed on your Asus Transformer Eee Pad TF101.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]