Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is the latest entrant to join the Jelly Bean party with CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) nightly ROM, thanks to teamHACKSUNG - an XDA Recognised Developer. The nightly builds for CM10 benefit with daily/periodic updates carrying feature enhancements that mirror changes incorporated into the developer's source code.
Unlike the official Asus ROM, this custom ROM adds more customisation to its feature set at the expense of new untested bugs. Though, the ROM itself is very stable for routine use, certain features may not work as intended unlike the stock version.
- The ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T model only. Do not try this procedure on any other model or device, as it may result in irreparable hardware damage to the unit.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup important personal data (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs and other internet settings) including contents of the SD card to avoid data loss while performing the Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your Transformer Pad TF300T's bootloader is unlocked and ClockworkMod recovery is installed on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the CM10 based Jelly Bean update.
How to Install CM10 Based Jelly Bean Update on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
1. Download the latest version of CM10 Nightly ROM from XDA Developers official thread (Download here).
2. Download the Google Apps package from here.
3. Without extracting, copy the downloaded zip files from step 1 and step 2 to the internal SD card.
4. Turn off the tablet and then boot into CWM recovery by performing a button sequence. Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until a message appears on-screen reading "Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)". Now, within 5 seconds, press the Volume Up button to enter CWM recovery. In recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate up/down and the power button to select.
5. Take a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something goes wrong with the newer ROM. To do a backup, choose Backup and Restore and on the next screen, hit Backup again. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
6. Tap wipe data/factory reset, then choose Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait until the data wipe process completes.
7. Now, choose install zip from sdcard, then hit choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by clicking Yes on the next screen. The ROM will begin installing.
8. Once the ROM is installed, return to the main recovery menu and hit reboot system now to boot up the tablet into CM10. The first boot is time consuming and may take up to 5 minutes.
NOTE: Returning to Previous ROM if needed: To restore your previous ROM, boot into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Updating to Newer Nightly ROM Updates
Considering the ROM is a nightly build, it will be updated on a regular basis in order to keep up with the latest changes incorporated into the source code. If you want to update to a newer version, just download it from the development page, copy it to your SD card, boot to recovery, install the ROM without wiping data and then reboot the phone again. You don't need to re-install the Google apps package or wipe data when updating. Just install the new version of the ROM and you are all set.
CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now installed on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
[Source: The Android Soul]