If you are looking at buying a budget Wearable device to manage your work-life better, then anticipate the retail arrival of the sub $200 Asus Zenwatch which is all slated to be launched in the United States on 9 November.
Showcased way back at the IFA 2014 in September this year, Asus Zenwatch is priced at an affordable $199 (£125), and the smartwatch-like Wearable will be up for purchase starting 9 November, Sunday.
According to a TechCrunch report, prospective buyers of the Android Wear powered Asus Zenwatch can check out Best Buy which has put a price tag of $199 on the gadget.
Asus' Zenwatch will also be available for purchase in the US via Google Play, for an identical $199, in due course.
Key highlights in the $199 Asus Zenwatch
Since the Asus Zenwatch falls into the category of 'affordable' smartwatches, let's take a look at certain distinguishing factors of the device:
- Asus Zenwatch provides for auto-unlocking of your Android smartphones. Just sync the smartwatch with your devices.
- Tap Tap and Find My Phone features help you locate your smartphone instantly if misplaced.
- You can mute an incoming call, by just covering the Zenwatch with your hand.
- Asus Remote Camera lets you capture photos from creative angles where the viewfinder would find it difficult to see.
- You can make use of the 'Presentation Control' within the Zenwatch, and use the gadget as a remote control and time manager when giving business presentations.
- Built-in Asus Welness apps, that enable you to track and monitor various aspects of your health, like step count, calories burned, activity duration and heart-rate monitoring
- Rectangular outer form factor, that should not be a burden to wear on the wrist
Key technical specifications:
- 1.63in AMOLED display enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Asus ZenUI integration
- Android Wear operating system
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU
- 4GB EMMC internal storage
- 512 MB RAM
- 9 Axis Sensor and Bio Sensors built-in
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- Built-in microphone
- 1.4Wh Polymer battery
The above tech-specs and features complement the $199 price tag that the Asus Zenwatch has.
In summary, you are advised to check out Best Buy, starting 9 November. Try out the Asus Zenwatch, and let us know your experience.