marc bartra
Marc Bartra (left) could leave the Nou Camp during the summer transfer window.Getty Images

Barcelona manager Luis Enrique has admitted Marca Bartra faces an uncertain future at the Nou Camp after the centre-back was once again left out the matchday squad in the Copa del Rey final victory over Sevilla on Sunday (22 May). The boss also refused to confirm whether he will continue his rotating goalkeeper policy between Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo ahead of next season.

Bartra only started 10 games during the 2015 -2016 campaign, having fallen behind Gerard Pique, Javier Mascherano, Jeremy Mathieu and Thomas Vermaelen in the Barcelona pecking order. Despite this, the centre-back is highly regarded in Spain and will feature in the squad for Euro 2016.

The 25-year-old was heavily linked with a move away from the Nou Camp during the last two transfer window amid reports linking him with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Sevilla. Those stories are expected to return in the coming weeks after Bartra was once again overlooked by Luis Enrique, along Vermaelen, Adriano, Sandro Ramirez, Douglas and Jordi Masip, for his matchday squad, despite Mathieu having just returned to action from a long spell on the sidelines.

Luis Enrique played down his latest snub, but refused to confirm that Bartra will be at Barcelona next season.

"Not only Marc Bartra was left in the stands. Unfortunately for me and him I can only use eleven players. In a squad this happens. [Sevilla boss Unai] Emery has also been forced [to leave some players out]. I am not the only one who leaves players out of the team," Luis Enrique said in the post-match press conference, admitting: "The future in football is always uncertain for everyone, for players and for the managers... for everyone."

Luis Enrique praised Mathieu's performance against Sevilla after the Frenchman replaced Ivan Rakitic at half-time to fill the gap left by Javier Mascherano in the heart of defence, with the former Liverpool star seeing a red card in the 36th minute.

"When we signed Jeremy we knew what we were getting. He began as a full-back but can be a great central defender," the Barcelona boss said. "He came on at a tough moment and was key to controlling the aerial game and stopping Sevilla's attack."

The future of Ter Stegen and Bravo at the Nou Camp has also been under scrutiny in recent times due to the players' reported frustration with the rotation policy of Luis Enrique between the sticks. The German, who had been linked with Manchester City and Liverpool, recently confirmed he will stay amid reports suggesting the Barcelona manager could finally given him the goalie's role in all three competitions.

But Luis Enrique said: "I do not know what I will do next year. In football everything happens very fast. We'll see what happens."

The Barcelona boss, meanwhile, expressed his delight at having clinched the La Liga and Copa del Rey double for the second season in a row.

"It's hard to win once. Two in a row is great, and if all goes well, we'll go for a third," he said. "It was a spectacular end to the season. Not only for the last few must-win league games but because of how the cup final unfolded. It was very difficult, we were down a man. We played perfectly, much improved on the defensive end."

"Sevilla created a lot of pressure. We defended very well and the team knew how to compete despite the difficulties. I congratulate them, I congratulate all Barça fans and those who came despite the late kick-off."