West Yorkshire police
Six-week-old baby dies from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after being deprived of oxygen in parents' bed.Twitter

Six-week-old baby, Noah Pearson, died after reportedly suffocating in his parents' bed in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

After returning from their night out, Noah's parents, Paul Pearson, 24, and Emily Lambert, 22, brought him into their bed at 3:30am, reported The Telegraph.

Noah was being looked after by his grandmother when his parents were out for drinks, their first night out in a year.

Noah reportedly woke up at 5am at which point Pearson took him out of his Moses basket and placed him between himself and Lambert.

Pearson woke up at 8:50am to a ringing mobile phone and found blood coming from Noah's nose as the baby remained unconscious.

An ambulance was called and Noah was later pronounced dead at the Bradford Royal Hospital after tests revealed that he was deprived of oxygen and suffered from the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

A coroner said that a contributing factor in the death was "co-sleeping and parental alcohol consumption."

"We're not big drinkers and we don't drink a lot. The last time we went out was on holiday - a year before I had the baby. We just wanted to go out for a bit - I only had a glass of wine," said the baby's mother, Lambert.

Lambert's father, Mervyn Lambert, further defended Noah's parents saying, "I have brought up three children and they have been perfectly healthy and all have shared our bed. It is terrible what has happened obviously and my daughter and her partner are heart-broken as are we all.

"I would like to see a national NHS campaign to raise awareness for babies in bed and alcohol consumption."

Meanwhile Dr. Eduardo Moya, a consultant pediatrician, told the hearing that parents should not be sleeping with their babies in the same bed.

"The not deliberate and unfortunate set of circumstances is well-documented - bed sharing with parents combined with alcohol consumption. Furthermore one or both of the parents did smoke and that could be a contributory factor as that baby had a rhino viral infection.

"There are a series of risk factors that increase the likelihood of having SIDS. One reason bed sharing is considered dangerous is that one parents could roll on to the infant in the middle of the night. This was a tragedy and there is nobody at fault but I believe it is important to know the etymology of SIDS. I pass my condolences on to the family. It was clear to me when I went to see them that nobody did anything wrong or deliberate."