Get access to thousands of underlying UK, US and European equities, as well as major stock indices, sectors and currencies. Go short if you think prices will fall, long if you think they'll rise. Of course, CFD trading may not be for everyone, as you could quickly lose more than your initial deposit. Barclays Stockbrokers CFD accounts are available to individuals and companies.
With a Barclays Stockbrokers CFDs Trading account you can take advantage of:
- Low deposit requirements. For example, take a 10,000 GBP position with a deposit of only 1,000 GBP
- Low financing rates of LIBOR +3% on long UK equity overnight position.
- Interest earned on short positions (held for more than 1 business day)
- Low commission rates of just 0.15% on UK share trades
- No stamp duty on UK shares*
- Trade CFDs with BARXdirect: CFDs & Financial Spread Trading, or sign up for BARXdirect: Equities, which gives you access to Level 2 data, streaming Dow Jones news, prices and analysis and allows you to trade CFDs, equities, iShares and Funds from one platform.
- The liquidity to execute larger trades, faster.
- Small minimum dealing sizes.
An exciting way to diversify your portfolio
A CFD is your agreement with BARXdirect: CFDs to exchange the difference between opening and closing prices when the contract ends. You're not buying / selling rights to the underlying assets, but speculating on the movement of a share, a sector or a market. Some points to note are:
- Profits from CFDs are subject to UK capital gains tax and losses are off-settable against tax
- CFD prices mirror the market price for the underlying holding with an explicit commission charge deducted from the account. You can even carry long positions overnight for a small additional charge.
- CFDs greatly amplify your profit potential because you deposit as little as 2% of the value of the underlying holding. Please remember though that potential losses can also be greater and you may need to deposit more funds to maintain your position. CFD trading is not suitable for all investors.
Barclays Stockbrokers CFDs carry a high level of risk to your capital and you should only trade with money you can afford to lose. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may lose significantly more than your initial margin payment. As such, CFD trading is not suitable for all types of investor. If you are uncertain, consult your financial adviser before you trade in CFDs.
Barclays Stockbrokers CFDs is a trading name of City Index Limited (CI) whose registered office is Park House, Finsbury Circus, London, EC2M 7EB. For the purpose of CFD trading any contract is between you and CI and all dealing, administration and settlement is carried out by them and Barclays Stockbrokers are not responsible for any of the functions they perform or the following web pages.