U.S. Naval Academy Files Rape Charges Against 3 Navy Football Players for Sexual Assault on Female Midshipman in 2012 (VIDEOS)Jun 20th 2013
The U.S. Naval Academy filed on Wednesday rape charges against three Naval football players for the sexual assault of a female midshipman in April 2012. The incident happened at an off-campus house in Annapolis.
One and half years after the tragic Park Street rape, which led to severe repercussions in the West Benagl state, the middle-aged victim has finally come out in the open.
Suraj Pancholi was among those who were considered to play the male lead in "Aashiqui 2", according to filmmaker Mahesh Batt.
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday let stand a 2011 decision by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to finance the sale of 30 Boeing (BA.N) wide-body jets to Air India in a legal challenge brought by Delta Air Lines (DAL.
The Madras High Court on Monday ruled that if an unmarried couple of the right legal age indulge in consensual sex then they would be considered as husband and wife.
In the Spotlight
A bipartisan bill to combat online piracy is running into bipartisan opposition over the broad language in the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA.
M&A | Deals
- RBS to close 4 M&A deals in MENA in 2012
Royal Bank of Scotland <RBS.L> hopes to close four acquisiton deals in the Middle East and North Africa next year worth more than...
- Olympus says panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds No Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds no Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
Bribery & Corruption
- Libor Fixing and Mis-Selling: Labour Calls for Whistleblower Immunity
Britain’s opposition party pushes for amendments to banking reform bill to prevent large scale financial scandals
- Ehud Olmert, Former Israeli PM, Indicted on More Bribery Charges
- Israel not mired in graft despite myriad scandals: Analysis
- Arab rulers' cash stashed in Switzerland tough to reclaim: Swiss experts
- Blagojevich irked Obama didn't offer plum post for seat
- Analysis: Sprint should raise Clearwire bid to avoid Dish tension
Sprint Nextel Corp should consider raising its offer price for Clearwire Corp or risk being saddled with a contentious relationship wit...
- Analysis - Sprint should raise Clearwire bid to avoid Dish tension
- German cartel court takes on Porsche lawsuit: source
- NSA head, lawmakers jointly defend U.S. surveillance programs
- The Lesbian Chronicles: Cartoonist Who Offended Catholic School with Comic Strip Calls Former Child Star Aiza Seguerra Asia’s T-Bird (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)
Intellectual Property Law
- Apple Calls for Cut in US Corporate Tax Rate
Apple CEO Tim Cook has called for the US government to slash corporate tax rates before it will repatriate its $100bn in offshore savings.
- U.S. agriculture wary as Monsanto heads to Supreme Court
- YouTube Yanks Romney Campaign Ad After Copyright Complaint
- LinkedIn breach puts site's reputation on the line
- Microsoft to pay US$388 Million to Australian Inventor?
- Ex-fund managers can remain free during U.S. insider trading appeal
Two former hedge fund managers persuaded a U.S. appeals court on Tuesday to allow them to remain free on bail as they seek to have thei...
- Court appoints lead plaintiff in shareholder lawsuit against SAC
- FX Fixing Scandal Exclusive: Whistleblower Alerted US, UK and Swiss Authorities in 2011
- Lululemon chairman sold stock before CEO's surprise departure
- Rival hedge funds hope to feast on SAC Capital redemptions
- Porsche plaintiffs bolstered by court ruling: lawyer
Investors suing Porsche SE <PSHG_p.DE> for more than 4 billion euros ($5.4 billion) over its failed attempt to take over Volkswagen <VOWG_p.
- Britain says reckless bankers could face jail
- Empire State Building gets 'left-field' $2 billion offer to sell
- Detroit defaults on some debt to avoid bankruptcy filing
- Detroit manager proposes big payment cuts to creditors