Supreme Court Verdict on Gay Sex: Outraged Public, Activists Call it Step Towards Barbarism; Latest ReactionsDec 11th 2013
The Supreme Court ruling on Wednesday that overturned the 2009 Delhi High Court verdict on decriminalising gay sex has outraged many human right activists and members of the public, some of who have g...
An Iranian woman was banned from having her scholarship due to WMD link allegations
To reduce harm caused by alcohol, New Zealand's drinking laws were recently amended, and the tougher regulations take effect next week. Introduced under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, t...
Australian activist Trenton Oldfield, who disrupted the Oxford vs. Cambridge boat race in 2012, avoids UK deportation after he told the tribunal that he shouldn't be allowed to return to Australi...
Aron Ralston has escaped assault charges. The hiker who inspired the film “127 Hours” was arrested on assault and “wrongs to minors” charges on Sunday, but the charges against him have now been dropped.
In the Spotlight
A bipartisan bill to combat online piracy is running into bipartisan opposition over the broad language in the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA.
M&A | Deals
- RBS to close 4 M&A deals in MENA in 2012
Royal Bank of Scotland <RBS.L> hopes to close four acquisiton deals in the Middle East and North Africa next year worth more than...
- Olympus says panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds No Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds no Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
Bribery & Corruption
- China's Bo Xilai Goes on Trial, Culmination of Dramatic Fall
Fallen Chinese politician Bo Xilai appeared in public for the first time in more than a year on Thursday to face trial in eastern China...
- F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone Faces Bribe Charges over $1.7bn CVC Deal [VIDEO]
- Libor Fixing and Mis-Selling: Labour Calls for Whistleblower Immunity
- Ehud Olmert, Former Israeli PM, Indicted on More Bribery Charges
- Israel not mired in graft despite myriad scandals: Analysis
- Tom Daley's Lover Dustin Lance Black Speaks Out over Sex Tape Leaked on Internet
Dustin Lance Black, the boyfriend of diver Tom Daley, hits back at the leaked sex video of himself and an ex-lover.
- Celebrity Chef Nigella Lawson Admits Doing Cocaine but Denies Addiction
- Russian Court Dismisses Gay Campaigner's Claim Over Propaganda Law
- Ex-RBS Trader Tan Chi Min Drops Unfair Dismissal Claim Over Libor-Fix ‘Scapegoat’ Sacking
- US Lobby Groups Join UK Government Against BP Environmental Ban
Intellectual Property Law
- Apple Calls for Cut in US Corporate Tax Rate
Apple CEO Tim Cook has called for the US government to slash corporate tax rates before it will repatriate its $100bn in offshore savings.
- U.S. agriculture wary as Monsanto heads to Supreme Court
- YouTube Yanks Romney Campaign Ad After Copyright Complaint
- LinkedIn breach puts site's reputation on the line
- Microsoft to pay US$388 Million to Australian Inventor?
- Key Witness Jon Horvath Takes Stand in SAC Trader Michael Steinberg's Trial
Another trader, Mathew Martoma, is expected to go on trial on 6 January, 2014.
- SAC Capital ‘Takes Responsibility’ for Insider Trading and Will Pay $1.8bn in Fines
- Tamara Ecclestone Tweets ‘Show Beauty’ Sneak Preview!
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg $91 Million Richer, Divests 2.4 Million Shares in Social Media Giant, No Insider Trading Involved
- Ex-Goldman Trader Fabrice Tourre Found Liable For Fraud in SEC Case
- RBS Shares Drop After Sudden Nathan Bostock Exit to Santander UK
Bostock had only been RBS group finance director for ten weeks before departure.
- Nazi Victim Heirs Seek US President’s Help to Recover €1.6bn Looted Art from Germany
- RBS Finance Director Nathan Bostock Resigns After 10 Weeks to Join Santander
- Autumn Statement 2013: ‘Foreign Property Investor CGT Will Damage Britain'
- Lawyers Say Largest Consumer Class Action in Australia Before Melbourne Federal Court Could Reach Multi-Billion Dollars