Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed the Blues are not interested in signing Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus even though recent reports claimed the west London club were leading the race to secure his services.
The 25-year-old midfielder is heavily linked with a move away from Jurgen Klopp's side next summer, after it was revealed he has a special release clause in his contract that allows him to leave the team in 2015 for as little as €25m (£20m).
Reports in Germany have since claimed Reus has rejected a renewal offer from the Bundesliga giants as he wants to make a change in his career at the end of the current campaign.
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge recently confirmed they are interested in signing him in a move to repeat the recent cases of Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski, who both swapped Dortmund for the Allianz Arena during the last two summers.
Meanwhile, reports in Spain earlier this year claimed Real Madrid had a first option on Reus' future while Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are also reportedly monitoring the situation.
However, during a press conference ahead of the Champions League game against Schalke on Tuesday 25 November, Mourinho ruled out signing the midfielder.
When asked by local media whether he wants to sign Reus, Mourinho said: "Chelsea are not interested in signing Borussia Dortmund player Marco Reus."
Speaking about Reus, Dortmund manager Klopp recently admitted the player may choose to leave the club in the summer and the club has no leverage to stop him from doing so.
"We had very successful years and we couldn't keep all these players," Klopp told BT Sport.
"Not all of them stayed here. They had their own dreams their own situations different ideas, whatever. So we will see.
Meanwhile, the German international suffered an ankle ligament damage during Dortmund's 2-2 draw with Paderborn at the weekend and is expected to be out of action until the new year.