The clock is ticking until Christmas Day and the panic present buying is definitely kicking in whilst you are still trying to cram in just one last Christmas drink. Accessories can be a failsafe option for any friend or family member but can are also very personal to the recipient. One functional accoutrement that is often over looked is the watch, a constantly useful gift that can be worn every day.
The trends that reigned during 2015 included a reintroduction of traditional vintage designs, bold leather straps, athletic inspired designs, as well as a rise in the androgynous style blurring the varieties between male and female timepieces with chunky metal straps, wider minimalist face design and graphic numbering.
We have rounded up the top watches for men and women to ensure that your last-minute present buying watch list is perfect.
From the playful graphic designs synonymous with Kate Spade, to the classic unisex offerings of Nixon, watches are a true statement maker and prove a fantastic gift that you can easily personalise through varying styles. If you want to go fully personal, however, make sure you visit Nixon's Neal Street store to create your very own watch from scratch, you can even engrave it for someone special for Christmas.
- Small time teller leather; £85, Nixon
- Olivia Burton Parlour grey and silver watch; £75, Topshop
- Sekonda Editions ladies' Rose Gold-plated red watch; £39.99, H Samuel
- Edit strap; £52, Next
- Kate Spade ladies watch; £98, Goldsmiths
- Larsson & Jennings; £225, Net a Porter
- Johnny Loves Rosie Gold Sunray Dial Black and White Pu Strap Ladies Watch; £30, Very
- Rosemary brushed-leather strap watch; £65, French Connection
- Folli Folli Watchalicious watch; now £216, House of Fraser
- Clean Boyfriend watch; £25, ASOS
There is a fantastic range for men, making a watch an easy ingenious gift for Christmas. Daniel Wellington's nautical-inspired everyday style to Citizen's full-on performance design in lightweight titanium. There is definitely something for everyone.
- Shinola Runwell 47mm watch; £475, End Clothing
- Classic Glasgow 36mm; £129, Daniel Wellington
- Skagen men's Ancher refined watch; now £116, Watch Shop
- Sekonda men's black dial gold-plated mesh bracelet watch; £54.99, H Samuel
- Sekford, Type 1A Stainless Steel And Leather Watch; £695, Mr Porter
- Silver tone chain strap watch; £35, River Island
- Mondaine unisex Stop 2 Go leather strap watch; £360, John Lewis
- Marc By Marc Jacobs Slim Watch; £202, ASOS
- Addison brushed steel leather strap watch; £79, French Connection
- Citizen CA0550-87A Men's Chronograph Titanium Bracelet Strap Watch, Silver/Blue; £269, John Lewis