Claudia Winkleman's daughter's Halloween costume fire sparked hosptal dash for Strictly presenter
Claudia Winkleman's daughter's Halloween costume fire sparked hospital dash for Strictly presenterGetty

Claudia Winkleman missed the last Strictly Come Dancing show after rushing to hospital for her daughter whose Halloween costume caught fire.

Winkleman was a last minute omission from the weekend's show because of fears for eight-year-old daughter Matilda's health.

The youngster's dress was set ablaze at a Halloween party, said reports - possibly by a candle.

How serious her injuries were is unknown, but her family are "hopeful" of a full recovery.

Winkleman's family said in a statement: "Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery.

"We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible."

But Winkleman may miss more episodes of the hit Saturday evening show as a result of the incident.

They appealed for party-goers to take care near flames at Guy Fawkes night celebrations.

"We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."