A CynogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean custom firmware has now become available for Nexus S with model number I9020, reports Team Android. This custom firmware can be flashed through the Clockwork recovery. Since the ROM is in its development stage and will take a few more months to release, bugs are likely.
The good news for the Android community is that the MIUI team has updated its code base to Jelly Bean. This Jelly Bean based ROM will not be available for all devices but work only on Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. Users can go to the official site to know more about the changelog the ROM brings.
Users looking to install the CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly ROM may follow the steps below. IBTimes UK recommends that users check the model number of their device before proceeding since this ROM and the instructions below are compatible only with Nexus S by build number I9020. We also recommend making a back-up of all important data and ensuring there is at least an 80 per cent charge left in the device. Also ensure that you have Nexus S USB drivers installed and enable the USB debugging (following the guide here).
Steps to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly for Nexus S I9020
1) Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery for Nexus S
3) Connect your Nexus S to the computer using USB cable. Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file and the Google Apps file to the SD card of your phone
4)-Now switch off your Nexus S and put it into CWM recovery (To enter into CWM recovery press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons)
5) Browse for the SD card where you have saved the CM10 ROM file and select the ROM to confirm installation
6) Once again select the SD card and this time select the Google Apps and start flashing
7) After the installation process over, go back to the main recovery menu and select Reboot System to reboot your device and boot up into the new ROM
The CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly is installed on your Nexus S I9020. To check the software you can go to Settings>> About Phone.