A CynogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM has been released for Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number I9100G, reports Team Android. With this custom ROM, the device can be updated to Android 4.1.1. Since the ROM is in its development stage, bugs are likely to be found in the port.
This CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly has become available followed by the release of CM10 nightlies for some of the devices by the CyanogenMod team.Users who wish to update their Galaxy S2 to the aforementioned ROM can follow the instructions below.
IBTimes UK advises users to back up all important data and APN settings before following the method. Users are also advised to install USB drivers for the Galaxy S2, ensure battery charge is at least 80 percent and that the device is factory unlocked. Users are also advised that this ROM and the instructions are only compatible with Galaxy S2 by model number i9100G. Finally, ensure USB debugging mode (click here for a tutorial).
Steps to Install CM10 Nightly Android 4.1.1 for Galaxy S2 I9100G
1) Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery for Galaxy S2
3) Now connect Galaxy S2 to the computer using the USB cable
4) Copy the downloaded ROM zip file and Apps package to the SD card of your phone from the computer
5) Switch of Galaxy S2 and disconnect from computer. Put device into CWM Recovery mode (To enter into CWM recovery Press and hold together Volume Up + Home + Power until the screen of the phone turns on)
6) In CWM recovery perform a data wipe
7) Navigate to SD card where you have saved the CM10 ROM file then select the ROM to confirm installation
8) Once the ROM is flashed, select the Google Apps and start installation
9) Upon the completion of installation process return to Recovery menu and reboot device. The device will take five minutes to reboot
The Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G is now running the CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly ROM. You can check the software installed on your phone by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone.