Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users can now upgrade their device to the latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) via CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM. This ROM is still under development and might contain bugs and issues. Things having issue include camera, Bluetooth, front-facing camera and mic.
Users looking to install this ROM on Eee Pad Transformer can check this tutorial. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage the device during installation.
- Enable USB debugging
- Your device should have at least 80 percent battery charge
- Ensure device is rooted and has ClockworkMod recovery installed
- Make sure all USB drivers are installed
To install CM10.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101:
- Connect the device to PC and copy downloaded files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- Boot into CWM recovery mode ( you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a message saying "Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)" appears on screen)
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM(to do so, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and then go to main recovery menu)
- Perform data wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Yes to confirm the action) and wait until data wipe is completed
- Choose Format/System under Mounts and Storage and then select Yes
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse to the zip file and select it by pressing Power key. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select Google Apps package zip file
- Go back to main CWM recovery menu and select Wipe cache Partition > Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go back to main recovery menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into ROM
Asus Eee Pad Transformer should now be running CM10.1 ROM based on Jelly Bean.
[Source: Android Jinn]