News Corp "would consider" Rupert Murdoch meeting victims of the company's phone hacking, The Telegraph reports.
Simon Greenberg, director of corporate affairs at News International (News Corps' UK wing), confirmed the possibility after new details emerged that the company may have hacked into the phones of relatives of London's 7/7 terrorist attacks.
The father of one victim, Graham Foulkes, told the BBC's Today programme: "I'd really like to meet [Murdoch] and have a very in-depth conversation with him about responsibility and the power that he has and how it should be used appropriately. I would very much like to meet him and have that conversation."
Simon Greenberg, director of corporate affairs at News International, said a potential meeting was "certainly something we would consider", the Telegraphs says.
Mr Foulkes is part of a larger group of July 7 families who police believe may have had their phones targeted by investigators working for the News of the World.
He was told by a senior police officer yesterday that both his mobile and his ex-directory landline, which was known to only a small group, may have been hacked.
Mr Greenberg said News International was in "fully co-operative mode" and said that if the allegations related to Milly Dowler and the July 7 families were true it would be considered "wrong doing" by the company.
News International was "shocked and appalled" by the July 7 allegations, as it was with claims that Milly Dowler's phone had been hacked, Mr Greenberg said.
Murdoch's empire is now on the defensive after recent developments in the phone hacking case lead to Lloyds, Virgin Holidays and car maker Ford pulling advertisements from the main paper involved in the scandal, The News of the World.