Curious Apple fans can now check out Danny Boyle's movie based on Steve Jobs's biopic at the comfort of their home as the film is currently available for pre-order via iTunes store. The biopic is all set for release on 2 February via iTunes and hence the pre-order proposition gains precedence.
Those who missed out on the opportunity of watching the biopic at a nearby theatre can pre-order a copy of the digital download on iTunes for $14.99 (£10.42). The movie casts Michael Fassbender as Jobs, the iconic co-founder of Apple, Kate Winslet as his girlfriend and Seth Rogen as Steve Woznaik. Among the talented star cast, one cannot miss Jeff Daniels, John Oriz, Michael Stuhlbarg, Katherine Waterston and Perla Haney-Jardine.
The worldwide release of the movie was handled by Universal Pictures. The screenplay credit goes to Aaron Sorkin, while the script is written by Walter Isaacson.
With an overall run time of over two hours and two minutes, the movie will be available in three formats, namely 1080p, 720p and standard-definition (SD). The download file for the 1080p version reportedly weighs around 4.87GB and the 720p version is slightly smaller at 4.46GB, while the SD edition weighs just 2.09GB.
Here is the complete plot summary as described on iTunes:
Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, Steve Jobs takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter. Steve Jobs is directed by Academy Award winner Danny Boyle and written by Academy Award winner Aaron Sorkin, working from Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography of the Apple founder.
Prospective buyers of the high-definition (1080p) version of the movie will be eligible for some exciting iTunes Extras or featurettes as listed below (courtesy iDownloadBlog):
- Inside Jobs: The Making of Steve Jobs—Part One: Director Danny Boyle, writer Aaron Sorkin and star Michael Fassbender discuss the process of bringing 'Steve Jobs' to the big screen and why it's not a typical bio-pix.
- Part Two: Cast members Jeff Daniels, Kate Winslet and Seth Rogen tackle real world counterparts and the importance of rehearsing the movie in three acts.
- Part Three: Director Danny Boyle, the cast and the crew discuss their approach—including the specifics of location, shooting style, production design, music and the importance of the three particular time periods.
The iTunes Extras have the following system requirements:
• iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with iOS 8.0 or later installed
• Apple TV with Apple TV software 6.2 or later
• Latest version of iTunes on OS X 10.9.2 and later or Windows 7 and later
Before you make your buying decision, check out the official trailer below: