Earth Day is celebrated around the world on 22 April.
Over 190 countries worldwide take part in Earth Day celebrations by organising various events every year.
On the occasion, IBTimes UK has compiled top ten quotes about the environment.
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein
- "I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use." - Mother Teresa
- "The good man is the friend of all living things." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Trees are Earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven." - Rabindranath Tagore
- "The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share." - Lady Bird Johnson
- "An understanding of the natural world and what's in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." - David Attenborough
- "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - Henry David Thoreau
- "Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." - Walt Whitman
- "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. " - Lao Tzu
- "Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." - Rachel Carson