Emil Forsberg is aware of speculation suggesting that he is still a potential transfer target for Manchester United, but reiterates that he remains focused on current employers RB Leipzig.
The highly rated winger played an integral role in ensuring that Sweden qualified for the 2018 World Cup this week, featuring for 180 minutes across two tense play-off matches as Janne Andersson's side ensured that Italy failed to book their place at the finals for the first time since 1958.
Forsberg was particularly influential during the first-leg tie at Stockholm's Friends Arena, scooping man of the match honours as Jakob Johansson's second-half strike gave the hosts a crucial 1-0 advantage to take to Milan.
Such an impressive performance came in front of Jose Mourinho, whom The Mail reported travelled to Sweden for the game on Friday in order to check up on a player linked with Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and big-spending AC Milan during a hectic summer transfer window.
And while Forsberg has obviously read those rumours, he remains committed to Bundesliga title contenders Leipzig.
"I also read that in the papers," he told German publication Bild after Sweden's goalless draw at the San Siro on Monday night that saw them return to the World Cup after a 12-year absence.
He added: "My focus is on RB."
Forsberg joined Leipzig in January 2015 following two successful years at Malmo FF and has since scored 19 goals in 93 appearances across all competitions to help the controversial east German outfit earn the first top-flight promotion in their short history.
He was a vital part of the side that finished as runners-up to Bayern Munich in 2016-17 and sealed their maiden Champions League berth under Ralph Hasenhuttl, registering more assists (19 in just 30 Bundesliga outings) than any other player in Europe's major five divisions.
The 26-year-old, whom ESPN report shares the same agent as summer United signing and international teammate Victor Lindelof in Hasan Cetinkaya, is currently under contract at Red Bull Arena until the summer of 2021 having signed a new three-year extension in February 2016.
Speaking towards the end of the previous window in August, Forsberg, who initially emerged as a possible alternative to Inter Milan counterpart Ivan Perisic as Mourinho looked to complete a desired four-man transfer haul with the addition of a new wide player, said he saw "no problem" with Leipzig letting him leave after they had negotiated the sale of Naby Keita.
Liverpool eventually paid a hefty premium on top of a £48m ($63.2m) release clause in order to secure the signing of the box-to-box midfielder in July 2018. There has been talk of that departure being brought forward by six months to January, although second-place Leipzig insist they still need the likes of Keita, Forsberg and forward Timo Werner if they are to retain their spot in Europe's elite club competition.
Cetinkaya had previously hit out at the club for denying Forsberg a move, stating in June that they would "have to live with the fact that they are destroying his dreams".