Defending champion Sebastian Vettel was the fastest during the second practice session and will start the Saturday's qualifying of the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka as favourite to grab pole.
Where to Watch Qualifying Live
The third free practice begins at 2:55am BST, while the qualifying session starts at 5am. Sky Sports F1 will provide live coverage of both events in the UK. Real-time internet updates are available on the Live Timing section of the sport's official website.
Vettel continued his brilliant run after he clocked 1:33.852 while his teammate Mark Webber was second, with the Australian being 0.168s behind the reigning the champion. The duo led to a Red Bull one-two for the qualifying session on Saturday.
Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg took the first two spots during the first practice session, but relincquished their advantage to Red Bull drivers. Rosberg was third after Friday's second session while the British driver will start the qualifying from the sixth spot.
Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen was fourth after clocking the time of 1:34.202 while Ferrari's Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso managed to finish in top ten. The Brazilian and the Spaniard will start the Saturday's qualifying session as eight and tenth fastest respectively.
Top 10 Results of Second Practice Session from Suzuka:
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull 1:33.852
2. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull 1:34.020
3. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes 1:34.114
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Lotus 1:34.202
5. Romain Grosjean (Fra) Lotus 1:34.411
6. Lewis Hamilton (GBR) Mercedes 1:34.442
7. Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Toro Rosso 1:34.473
8. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 1:34.698
9. Jenson Button (GBR) McLaren 1:34.912
10. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari 1:35.087