The final day of the last pre-season multi-team test session has concluded, at the Circuit de Cataluña in Barcelona, Spain.
The 2012 Formula 1 World Championship is now less than a fortnight away!
The first race of what will be a 20-race calendar will be held at Melbourne's Albert Park Circuit in Australia, between 16 - 18 March. The Formula 1 World Championship will then travel to Malaysia, China and Bahrain before entering the European leg of the championships with the Spanish Grand Prix (also at the Circuit de Cataluña) between 11 - 13 May. The season will conclude at the Brazilian Grand Prix at Sao Paulo, between 23 - 25 November. One of the highlights of the season will be the re-introduction of Formula 1 to the US - the United States Grand Prix is scheduled to be held in Austin, Texas, between 16 - 18 November.
Meanwhile, the pre-season tests concluded with yet another surprise at the top of the time sheets. Returning former World Champion Kimi Raikkonen (who won the title with Ferrari in 2007) was fastest on the final day. His Lotus lapped nearly two-tenths of a second faster than Ferrari's Fernando Alonso. Williams' Bruno Senna came in third.
This concludes on-track work ahead of the start of the new season. The next time the cars will be on track will during the opening practice session for the Australian Grand Prix, on 16 March.
Unofficial Times from Sunday's Session:
1. Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus - 1:22.030 (121 laps)
2. Fernando Alonso , Ferrari - 1:22.250 (115 laps)
3. Bruno Senna, Williams - 1:22.296 (53 laps)
4. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India - 1:22.312 (101 laps)
5. Kamui Kobayashi, Sauber - 1:22.386 (72 laps)
6. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren - 1:22.430 (115 laps)
7. Vitaly Petrov, Caterham - 1:22.795 (101 laps)
8. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes - 1:22.939 (100 laps)
9. Pastor Maldonado, Williams - 1:23.347 (48 laps)
10. Daniel Ricciardo, Torro Rosso - 1:23.393 (100 laps)
11. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull - 1:23.608 (23 laps)