Samsung has just started rolling out its first stock firmware update based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat build G900FXXU1ANCF, for the international variant of Galaxy S5 LTE (SM-G900F).
Though the update comes pre-installed on the device, some users might prefer to reinstall it due to some software issues while modifying the stock firmware with custom ROMs or rooting tools.
The update is now available for download via Over-The-Air (OTA) as well as Samsung KIES in select countries including Germany, Greece, Malaysia, Philippines, Hungary, Romania, Thailand, Croatia, Singapore, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Montenegro.
The new G900FXXU1ANCF KitKat update brings only a handful of bug-fixes and performance improvements without adding any new features to existing stock firmware.
Hence, those who have missed the OTA update notification or cannot access the update over Samsung KIES for some reason can install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide given below.
Android 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANCF Stock Firmware Details
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:55:18 +0000
Product Code: DTM
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy S5 (LTE) SM-G900F on the computer.
2. USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up your important data to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
5. Verify Galaxy S5 LTE has at least 80 percent battery charge.
6. The Android 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANCF firmware is compatible with Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) only. Do not attempt installing it on incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Download the appropriate stock firmware for your country or region using the following links:
- Germany (T-Mobile): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FDTM1ANC5_DTM.zip
- Greece (Cosmote): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FCOS1ANC1_COS.zip
- Malaysia: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_XME.zip
- Philippines (Open Line): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_XTC.zip
- Hungary (T-Mobile): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FTMH1ANC1_TMH.zip
- Romania (Cosmote): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FCOA1ANC1_COA.zip
- Thailand: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_THL.zip
- Croatia (T-Mobile): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FCRO1ANC1_CRO.zip
- Singapore: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_XSP.zip
- Macedonia: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FMBM1ANC1_MBM.zip
- Philippines (Smart): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_SMA.zip
- Philippines (Sun Cellular): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_XTE.zip
- Singapore: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_MM1.zip
- Czech Republic (T-Mobile): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FTMZ1ANC1_TMZ.zip
- Singapore (Singtel): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_SIN.zip
- Singapore (StarHub): G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FOLB1ANCD_STH.zip
- Slovakia: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FTMS1ANC1_TMS.zip
- Montenegro: G900FXXU1ANCF_G900FTMT1ANC1_TMT.zip
Note: Register via SamMobile to download and install the stock firmware from the appropriate link for your country or download necessary firmware from the alternate links here.
2. Download Odin v3.09
Steps to Update Galaxy S5 LTE with Android 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANCF KitKat Stock Firmware
Step 1: Extract Android 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANCE firmware zip file via WinRAR/7-Zip or WinZip to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other optional files.
Step 2: Next, extract the Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with a few other files.
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy S5 and boot the device into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Powerbuttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then keep tapping Volume Upbutton to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Now connect Galaxy S5 to computer with USB cable in Download Mode. When Odin detects the device and a pop-up message reading "Added!" appears on screen, the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number.
Note: If the Added message fails to appear, then try re-installing USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 7:In Odin, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (firmware filename: G900FXXDLJ5_G900FODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
Step 8: In Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, uncheck the Re-partition option.
Step 9: After ensuring that Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly, hit the Startbutton in Odin to begin installing the firmware.
Step 10: After the firmware is installed, a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the top of Odin. Galaxy S5 LTE will then reboot to the Home screen. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from the computer.
Your Galaxy S5 LTE is now running G900FXXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify that the firmware is installed on the device.
Troubleshooting: If the Galaxy S5 LTE is stuck at boot animation after Step 10, then boot into recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together), and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before choosing the Reboot System Now option.
Note: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Performing data wipe task will erase your device's internal memory and not external SD card data.
Click here to read about Galaxy S5 LTE Updated to G900FXXU1ANCE Android 4.4.2 European Stock Firmware