MiNCO ROM is yet another creation of industrious Android developers at XDA that promises to offer a host of exciting features ported to a refreshingly new UI (user interface). The ROM is based on the AOSP Jelly Bean release that brings speed, stability and butter smooth performance in a cool package. Owing to the collaborated effort of Minooch and Francisco Franco, the first-ever Franco-supported ROM has been unleashed for the Android community.
The MiNCO ROM features Franco 384 GPU Kernel, a super power menu, SuperSU and more. Since the UI theme is still under-cooked and requires some improvements, users may consider installing alternate theme mods and enhancements.
Key Points to Note
- The Android 4.1.1 MiNCO ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible with the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important data and settings (e g, contacts, SMS, MMS, internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords and the like) to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 MiNCO ROM on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of flashing the MiNCO ROM based Jelly Bean update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Download the MiNCO ROM from one of the links below:
- Download Link 1
- Download Link 2
- Download Link 3
- Download Link 4
- Verify that the phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android 4.1.1 MiNCO ROM on your Nexus I9250.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 MiNCO ROM Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. Copy the MiNCO ROM zip file to the root folder on your Galaxy Nexus' internal SD card.
2. Power off your phone.
3. Boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and power buttons until the phone boots to Fastboot Mode. Use the Volume keys, to highlight Recovery mode and hit the power button to select it. An Android robot with a red triangle logo pops up on the screen. Press and hold the Volume down and Power button, then tap the Volume Up button once to enter Recovery mode.
4. Do a NANDroid Backup. Choose Backup and restore and hit backup on the next screen.
5. Choose wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
6. Click Install ZIP from SD card.
7. Tap on Choose ZIP from SD card and select the MiNCRO ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on next screen to begin flashing the ROM.
8. Hit Go Back and tap Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Android 4.1.1 MiNCO ROM Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
[Source: Android Authority]