Galaxy Nexus I9250 users can now enjoy the Hybrid UI (phone and tablet UI) with the release of Android 4.2.1 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM. ParanoidAndroid has long been the Android community's favourite hybrid custom ROM, thanks to its highly customised UI (user interface) and seamless browsing experience. The latest hybrid ROM (v2.99) is based on AOSP release of Android 4.2.1.
The instructions below are for reference purposes only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.2.1 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The ParanoidAndroid ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 only and will not work with other models. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Nexus I9250 on the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while flashing the ParanoidAndroid ROM on the Nexus I9250. Users who already have a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or TWRP installed on their phones are strongly advised to back up data using one of these recovery tools, as it creates a complete image of the existing ROM on the Galaxy Nexus.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (those running Android 4.0 or 4.1). If you already have Android 4.2 running on your phone, perform the following steps to enable USB debugging mode:
- Go to Settings> About Phone.
o Scroll down to the bottom and select Build number.
o Tap "Build number" about seven times. Right after the third tap, you will see a message box indicating that you are only four taps away from being a developer. Continue tapping four more times.
o Now, navigate to Settings > Developer Options and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Nexus phone is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB mass storage on your computer with the original USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Switch off your phone.
Step 5 - Now, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the phone boots into Bootloader Mode.
Step 6 - Follow the onscreen navigational instructions. Choose Bootloader option and then boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step 7 - In CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and tap the Power button to select it.
Step 8 - Hit the Power button again and click Choose zip from sdcard.
Step 9 - Now, use volume keys to navigate to Paranoid ROM zip file and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 10 - Once both ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by clicking Reboot System Now in the Recovery Menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Android 4.2.1 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM is now installed on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version.
[Source: Team Android]