Close on the heels of other Galaxy Note 2 variant - N7100, the N7105 joins the Jelly Bean party with the release of the latest Android 4.1.1 XXALIJ ROM. As this ROM is an official release, the latest Jelly Bean update for the tablet is also available through Samsung KIES. Users who missed the update over KIES software can now manually download it using this guide.
Key Points to Note
- The XXALIJ ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the Galaxy Note 2 N7105 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update on your phone.
- The XXALIJ based Android 4.1.1 firmware update supports the following regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the XXALIJ ROM based Android 4.1.1 firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Download the latest USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to enable connectivity with the computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option. This feature helps connect your Android device with the computer.
- Verify that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the custom ROM or installing the Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted before proceeding with the ROM installation procedure.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7105 to Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with XXALIJ ROM
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.1 N7105XXALIJ ROM for Galaxy Note 2 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button, until the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text appears on the screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone connects successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will indicate yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step is time-consuming. So, leave it alone.
Step 7 - Choose the files you need to flash/install on your phone, which are found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click PDA button and choose the file named 'CODE' .
- Click Phone button and select file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such a file is missing.
- Click CSC button and choose file with 'CSC' in its name. Ignore this step if such a file is missing.
- Click PIT button and choose .pit file. Ignore this step if such a file is missing.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. In case of Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you chose a .pit file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Click Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
XXALIJ ROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is now installed on your Galaxy Note 2 N7105. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]