Galaxy Note 3 (3G) users can now enjoy the latest Lollipop update via leaked official firmware with build number Android 5.0 N900XXUGBNL8, which is the same build that leaked for Galaxy Note 3 LTE, just a few days ago.
Although Samsung has already confirmed the availability of the official Lollipop rollout for the flagship phablet, there is still no word on the exact release date for the same.
Nevertheless, those who cannot wait for the release of the official firmware for the Note 3 can go ahead and install the leaked build (N900XXUGBNL8) of Lollipop official firmware (weighing over 1.13 GB in size) for the popular flagship phablet.
The leaked Lollipop firmware is powered by Samsung's TouchWiz UI rather than the stock vanilla flavour found in Google Play Editions and Nexus devices.
As the firmware is odin flashable, it removes the need to use a bunch of nerdy commands and makes the firmware installation very user-friendly.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure the Galaxy Note 3 3G has at least 80% battery charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown during the process of firmware installation.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options
- Install the necessary USB drivers for the Note 3 from here.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone via Google Sync service or any other third-party app.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for the international 3G variant of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) only. Do not attempt this procedure on any other device or model, as it may inadvertently damage or brick the device.
Steps to install Android 5.0 N900XXUGBNL8 leaked lollipop official firmware on Galaxy Note 3 3G via Odin 3.09
- Download and extract the firmware files to the desired location (preferably the desktop) on the computer.
- Download and extract the Odin zip file to the same location where the firmware files are extracted.
- Double-click on Odin3v3.09.exe to begin flashing the firmware.
- Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked or enabled and other options are left at their default values.
- Note: Do not load the PIT file found inside the firmware zip file as it will re-partition the device unnecessarily.
- Now boot the device into Download mode as follows:
- Turn off the phone and boot it into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the warning screen appears. Then hit Power button to confirm entry into Download mode.
- Connect the device to computer via an USB cable.
- After connecting the device, the Odin window will show the appropriate ID: COM port on the top-left along with the message saying "Added!!" on the display.
- Click on Start and the firmware installation process will begin.
- It may take just a few minutes to complete and then a "PASS" message will be displayed on screen.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 will now reboot automatically to complete the installation process.
That is it. Your Galaxy Note 3 3G is now running Android 5.0 Lollipop update via leaked official build N900XXUGBNL8.
[Source: Droid Views]