The latest stock firmware build, N9005XXUFNG2 is now available to download for the LTE model of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) running 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor. The update is based on the same Android 4.4.2 version and should be available to install via both OTA and Kies server.
The new official firmware is available for France, Germany, Russia, Italy and the Nordic countries.
Model name: Galaxy Note 3 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 8 July
Product code: DBT
Those who stay outside the countries mentioned above or those who failed to update their Galaxy Note 3 using both the official methods may follow our guide to install N9005XXUFNG2 stock build manually using Odin flashing tool.
Note that as N9005XXUFNG2 build is an unbranded version of firmware. It can be installed on any unlocked SM-N9005 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP, then back up data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note 3 should have above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- N9005XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware works only with LTE version of Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy Note 3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
N9005XXUFNG2 for France
N9005XXUFNG2 for Italy
N9005XXUFNG2 for Germany (courtesy of Samsung Updates)
How to install N9005XXUFNG2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Place the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together. Ensure that you have installed Note 3 USB Drivers on the computer
Step-5: Run Odin as Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Note 3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: Double check everything and click AP button in Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-partition checkbox is not ticked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
The Galaxy Note 3 should now be updated with the latest stock firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new firmware version of the device.