Samsung has just started rolling out the highly-anticipated Android 5.0 Lollipop update to Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) devices in India, following the recent Android 5.0 OTA rollout for the T-Mobile version of the handset.
The OTA update for Note 3 with build number N900XXUEBOB2 is currently available for download via over-the-air (OTA) as well as through Samsung KIES in India.
However, those who reside outside India or cannot access the firmware via official sources (OTA and KIES) for some reason may try installing the same manually, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
Android 5.0 N900XXUEBOB2 firmware details
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 05:41:02 +0000
Product code: INU
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) has at least 80% battery charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown during the process of firmware installation.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options
- Install the necessary USB drivers for the Note 3 from here.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone via Google Sync service or any other third-party app.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for the international variant of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) only. Do not attempt this procedure on any other device or model, as it may inadvertently damage or brick the device.
Steps to install Android 5.0 N900XXUEBOB2 official lollipop firmware on Galaxy Note 3 via Odin 3.09
- Download and extract the firmware files to the desired location (preferably the desktop) on the computer.
- Download and extract the Odin zip file to the same location where the firmware files are extracted.
- Double-click on Odin3v3.09.exe to begin flashing the firmware.
- Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked or enabled, and other options are left at their default values. Note: Make sure re-partition option is not ticked and do not load the PIT file found inside the firmware zip file as it will re-partition the device unnecessarily.
- Now boot the device into Download mode as follows:
Turn off the phone and boot it into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the warning screen appears. Then hit Power button to confirm entry into Download mode.
- Connect the device to computer via an USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
- Add the firmware file by clicking the AP/PDA button in Odin.
- Click on Start and the firmware installation process will begin.
- It may take just a few minutes to complete and then a "PASS" message will be displayed on screen.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 will now reboot automatically to complete the installation process.
That is it. Your Galaxy Note 3 is now running Android 5.0 Lollipop update via latest official build N900XXUEBOB2.