The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has received its first firmware update ahead of its availability.
Based on Android 4.4.4, the update brings firmware number, N910FXXU1ANJ4, which weighs in at 36MB. The update has been distributed completely and will be available for all users when it launches in the UK on 17 October.
To check the availability of the firmware from Settings>> About device>> Software Update.
According to Sammobile, the new build improves the stability of the device and other features. It also brings significant enhancement for the battery life.
Model name: Galaxy Note 4
Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Build date: 8 October
Product Code: DBT
If you do not see the update notification with the release of the new Note, using the following tutorial you can install the stock firmware manually on your Galaxy Note 4.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap.
- Install USB Drivers for the Galaxy Note 4 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number for a few times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- N910FXXU1ANJ4 Android 4.4.4 stock firmware works only with Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy Note by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
How to install N910FXXU1ANJ4 Android 4.4.4 on Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Put the phone in Download Mode. To do so first switch off the phone then hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have installed the Note 4 USB Drivers installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Note 4 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: The phone will start automatically upon the completion of the installation process. At this point of time, you may safely remove the USB cable from the phone
Now you can enjoy the latest stock firmware on Galaxy Note 4. Navigate to Settings>> About device to verify the new software of the device.