Samsung is yet to roll out its next flagship phablet, the Galaxy Note 5, while folks at SamMobile have already acquired access to the first Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware for the Note 5 with model number SM-N920C.
Model number: SM-N920C
Model name: Galaxy Note 5
Version: Android 5.1.1
Build date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:53:38 +0000
Product code: AFG
The newly leaked Lollipop stock firmware for the Note 5 has a build date of 15 July and can be downloaded manually, using the direct download link posted below:
With its initial release proposed for US and South Korea, the Galaxy Note 5 units will reportedly start shipping in the next few days.
Meanwhile, Samsung has hinted that it will access the market status, before trying to expand the Note 5's availability in other markets including Europe.
Key Points to Remember
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy Note 5 on the computer.
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to enable connectivity with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your Note 5 is having at least 80% battery charge. Otherwise, the device might inadvertently shut down during the installation process due to lack of enough battery charge, which in turn could brick the device.
- Ensure your phone has been unlocked before you proceed.
- The phone will lose custom ROM and root access once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The Lollipop firmware build version N920CXXU1AOGE works with Note 5 variant only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone >> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 N920CXXU1AOGE stock firmware on Galaxy Note 5
- Extract or unzip the firmware file to the desired location on your computer's desktop
- Download and extract Odin ZIP file to the same location on the desktop
- Launch Odin as Administrator
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode: press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons
- Connect phone to computer via USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file via AP or PDA buttons in Odin
- Ensure the re-partition option is NOT ticked
- Finally, click the start button and wait for a few minutes until the firmware installation completes