Samsung released Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean software update for Samsung Galaxy Note users from Germany in February. Now Samsung has rolled out another Jelly Bean official update with base firmware XXLT4 in Germany.
The Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be downloaded through Samsung Kies.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: April, 2013
Galaxy Note users who fail to install the Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean update using official method for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Before proceeding, users are advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it to the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all data of the device.
4) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5) The Note should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
6) The device will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also it will be no longer a rooted device once official firmware is installed.
7) The Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and installing this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy Note by navigating to Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer. Then extract the downloaded zip to get a file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension along with few other files
2) Download Odin3 v3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware
3) Switch off the Galaxy Note. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
4) Launch Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB deriver
6) Select the files, which are extracted from the N7000XXLT4 Jelly Bean folder, to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the steps b, c and d in case such files are not found.
7) In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also verify that the Re-Partition option is unchecked
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the firmware flashing. Upon the completion of the installation process, a message saying PASS will appear
9) The phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be now updated with official Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Click here for guide to install Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean OTA update on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
[Source: Best Android Stuff]