Samsung has begun pushing out the Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) software update for the international version of the first Galaxy Note with model number N7000. The update is being released in phases and is expected to reach various regions gradually.
The Android 4.1.2 update brings an array of new features for the Galaxy Note including the new Nature UX Interface.
Followed by this an official Jelly Bean build-Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ is now available for the Galaxy Note users from Germany. The XXLSZ Jelly Bean is completely an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed via Samsung Kies.
Android version: 4.1.2-JZO54K
Build date: February 2013
Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean features
Android 4.1.2-Build JZO54K
Buttery Smooth performance and great stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note 2)
Multi-View can be disabled
Notification Panel can be now customised
New additions in Notification Panel
Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to user's angle of sightings)
Continuous Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
Samsung's Cloud services
Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
New Widgets from Galaxy S3
2 Home screen modes
New Notification bar
Galaxy Note users who missed update of their devices through the official method may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before following the guide, users are advised to ensure that their devices meet the below-mentioned requirements.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Back up all the important data of the phone. If the device has a custom recovery installed, then create back-up for the same.
4) Ensure the device is factory unlocked.
5) The battery of the Galaxy Note should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
6) Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean firmware works only with Galaxy Note N7000 and flashing this on any other variant may brick the device.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download Android 4.1.2 N7000XXLSZ Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note to the computer and extract the firmware zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install Android Jelly Bean firmware
3) Power off the Galaxy Note and enter Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle appears. This is the Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. If the phone is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step will take some time
6) Select the files extracted from the N7000XXLSZ folder to install in the phone
a) Click on PDA and select the file with CODE in its name
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected. Make sure that the Re-Partition option is not selected
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation which will take a few minutes
9) After the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once you see the Home screen, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now updated and running on official Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the build version running on the phone.
Click here for step-by-step guide to install official Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000.
[Source: Team Android]