We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) custom ROMs, featuring Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware, have been released for several Android devices. The updates allow users to experience Jelly Bean features ahead of an official release.
Such a custom ROM is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) and has been released by XDA developer chasmodo. The developer cautions interested users of possible bugs, since these are unofficial nightlies and in the development stage.
Galaxy Note users looking to update to the CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 custom ROM may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during this procedure. We also warn readers this guide is for the Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) only.
- Ensure download of appropriate USB drivers and enable USB Debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all data before proceeding
- Ensure battery carries more than 80 percent charge
- Ensure Galaxy Note is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed
- Ensure phone is factory unlocked
To Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy Note (N7000)
- Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 custom ROM to computer (alternate link)
- Download Google apps package (alternate link)
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Disconnect device, switch it off and re-start in CWM Recovery (to do so, press Volume Up and Home while re-starting)
- Perform a complete data wipe in Recovery (return to main Recovery menu after action is completed)
- Use Volume keys to scroll to Install Zip from SD Card and press Power to select. Repeat process to select Choose Zip from SD Card and navigate to CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM. Select using Power button and confirm installation on next screen
- After ROM is installed, repeat procedure to install Google apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now (first re-boot may take time)
The CM10.1 custom firmware, based on Android 4.2.1, has now been installed on the Galaxy Note (N7000). Browse to Settings > About Phone to verify software version on phone.