We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
A few days ago the CyanogenMod team released the CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM featuring Android 4.2.1 for the international version of the Galaxy Note with model number N7000. Now, the SlimROMs team has announced the availability of the first beta version of SlimBean custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 for multiple Android devices, including the Galaxy Note. The SlimBean 4.2.1 beta 1 brings an array of new features and fixes a few issues including Upstream, Auto Rotate and Sound.
Features of SlimBean 4.2.1 beta 1
Dotted Battery Mod and colour picker
Battery bar mod
Notification Background customisation
Notification row transparency
Network mode tile
Dismiss on toggle
Update APN + SPN
Wi-Fi name in notification drawer
Cursor control using volume keys
Disable full screen keyboard
Alternate app chooser
Clock style and colour chooser
ADB over Wi-Fi
Camera power shutter mod
Wi-Fi country specific settings
Notification IME selector
SMS quick reply and marks as read from notification
All MMS features
All contact features
To learn more about bugs and device-specific issues, head to the source page.
Galaxy Note users who wish to upgrade their devices with SlimBean Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices since the Jelly Bean ROM works only on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 but not on any other variant.
1) Download USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note and enable USB Debugging Mode.
2) Back up all your important data.
3) Ensure the device is rooted and ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed.
4) Ensure the battery of the device has more than 80 per cent of charge.
Steps to install SlimBean Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download Slim Bean Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note N7000
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer using the USB cable and copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone
[Note: Do not extract any file.]
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer. Then boot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until the Samsung logo appears. Then leave all three buttons for half a second and hold them again. You should see CWM Recovery soon. Alternatively, you may try for Recovery mode without key combination
5) In CWM Recovery, perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM which you can restore later. To do so select Backup and Restore; then select Backup again on the next screen. Return to the main recovery menu once the backup is completed
6) Now perform data wiping by selecting Wipe Data/factory Reset then select Yes on the next screen to confirm the action. Wait until the data wipe is complete
7) Using the Power button select 'Install zip from SD card'; then again press the Power button to select 'Choose zip from SD card' and locate the Slim Jelly Bean ROM zip file which you have copied to the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen
8) After the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure to flash the Google Apps package
9) Once the installation process is complete, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System Now' to reboot the phone and boot up into the customised Jelly Bean ROM. The first boot will take some time
Note: If you wish to return to your previous ROM, then boot into recovery, select Backup and Restore and restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
SlimBean beat 1 custom ROM featuring Android 4.2.1 is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on your device.
[Source: Android Jinn]