The SlimROMs team has officially announced the release of SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 custom ROM featuring several improvements and customisations. The custom build brings Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) update which Google has rolled out for its Nexus devices.
SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 features
Full JDQ39 (Android 4.2.2) base
Replace cLock widget with Shiny new DashClock
Added slide before unlock
Bring back long press to toggle PW
MMS: Add quick emoji to text input
Phone: Set my phone number
Added Kill App/Expanded Notification shade/Toggle expanded desktop to hardware binds
Fully configurable advanced reboot toggle
Enhanced circle battery and clock
Camera: Add software HDR Mode
Calendar: Add snooze to events
Enhance T9 and search
Settings: Add forget all networks to Wi-Fi
Notification: Limit notification sounds for interval
Camera: Add animation to mode switch
Sound: Add configurable volume adjust sounds
Notification: Add custom carrier text
Enhance electron beam control
Fixes and optimisations
Batterybar UI glitch
QuickPulldown flips notification shade
Phantom QuickSettings toggle
Colour picker issues
Recents apps panel bug
Camera not animating
Colour picker in landscape
Contacts call grouping
Alarm FC on update
Notification shortcuts spacing/tablets transitions
Choppy lockscreen on Low-mem HDPI
Lockscreen browser shortcut
Longpress NavBar Home not loading recent apps
Advanced Slim Settings
Head over to the development page to learn more about the device specific issues.
One such SlimBean ROM is available for the internal version of the first generation Galaxy Note with model number N7000 which is running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Galaxy Note users who are looking to update their devices with the SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before proceeding since the Jelly Bean ROM works only on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
1) Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode.
3) Back up all data of the phone. If the device is having a custom recovery installed, then create a backup for the same.
4) Verify that the battery of the Note should be charged above 80 per cent.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) The Galaxy Note should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
7) Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
Steps to install SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Galaxy Note to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable. Now copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the device in Recovery Mode. To do so switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM recovery, perform data wiping task. Then using the Volume buttons scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card.' Press the Power button to select it
7) Once again press the Power button and select 'Choose zip from SD card.' Then locate the Jelly Bean ROM zip file saved on the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
8) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the procedure to install the Google Apps file
9) After the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System Now.' The device will boot now. The step is likely to take about five minutes
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should now be updated with SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]