Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 has been sidelined for quite a long time, and deprived of regular Android updates from both official channels and custom ROM developers. It's a bit of a shocker that Samsung's flagship tablet failed to receive any Jelly Bean updates until now.
With due credit to XDA Developers member, darkthug420, Galaxy Note GT-N8000 finally joins the Jelly Bean party with the release of Android 4.1.1 JellyNote ROM. The ROM is, however, still in beta stage and represents the debut release of Jelly Bean platform for the tablet.
All bloatware apps have been removed and the stock TouchWiz UI is diligently replaced by GO Launcher HD with this ROM. Further, the ROM is deodexed, zipaligned, rooted and BusyBox'd to give you the utmost pleasure with the latest Android experience. It must be noted that the ROM is fully functional with the Wi-Fi-only variant - the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - as well.
- The Android 4.1.1 JellyNote ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8000 or GT-N8013. It will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About tablet.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note tablet is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- Download the JellyNote 1.0 Beta ROM
- Users are advised to backup apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 JellyNote ROM on your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000.
- Verify that your tablet's battery is fully charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while performing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not support any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the JellyNote ROM based firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install JellyNote ROM Based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
1. Copy the JellyNote ROM zip file to the root folder on your Galaxy Note 10.1′s internal SD card.
2. Power off the tablet.
3. Now, boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together for a few seconds. When the Samsung logo flashes for the second time, release the Power button, but continue to hold Volume Up button until the CWM Recovery menu pops-up.
4. Perform a NANDroid backup by clicking Backup and Restore and then hit Backup.
5. Choose Wipe Cache partition and confirm the action on next screen.
6. Hit Advanced and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. Confirm the action on next screen.
7. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm it on next screen.
8. Choose Install ZIP from SD card.
9. Tap Choose ZIP from SD cardand choose the JellyNote ROM file that you copied to your phone in step 1.
10. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
Android 4.1.1 JellyNote ROM based Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 10.1.
[Source: Android Authority]