An official Jelly Bean update, Android 4.1.2 with base firmware XXBMA7, is now available for the LTE version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number N8020.
The firmware is originally for Note 10.1 users from New Zealand (Vodafone subscribers) but it is compatible with a few European countries. Users can update the Galaxy Note 10.1 through Samsung Kies.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Those who missed upgrading of their tablets through the official method may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below to install the update manually. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of the tablet since the Android 4.1.2 XXBMA7 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020, not with any other variants.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Back up all data of the Galaxy Note. In case the device has a custom recovery installed, then create back-up for the same.
4) The battery of the tablet should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The Note 10.1 should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA7 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020
1) Download Android 4.1.2 N8020XXBMA7 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE to the computer
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware
3) Switch off the tablet and enter into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo or the construction robot and a triangle appears. This is the Download Mode.
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. If the device is connected to the computer successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with COM port number. This step may take some time.
6) In Odin, select the files in the order mentioned to install on the tablet
a) Click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) Verify the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin. Also ensure that the Re-Partition option is selected in case a .PIT file is being used
8) Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process which will take about five minutes
9) Once the installation process is completed, the Note will restart. After the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 is now updated and running on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA7 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]