We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 with build number XXBMA3 firmware for the LTE version of Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number N8020. The firmware is originally for the users from Australia but it is compatible with a number of European countries. The users can install the update via OTA or through Samsung Kies.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE users, who wish to update their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean, may follow the guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before following the guide since the aforementioned Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020, not with any other variants.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode.
3) Create back-up for all the important data before proceeding.
4) Verify that the battery of Galaxy Note should carry more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The tablet will lose custom ROMs with the installation of official firmware which will replace custom build.
6) Extract the downloaded archive once only. In the extracted zip file does not contain any modem, csc or pit file which means these files are not required.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE to the computer. Extract the firmware zip file to get a .tar file along with some other files
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe with a few other files
3) Switch off the Note and put the device in to Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Wait for a few seconds and the device will be in the Download Mode soon
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the Note to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. In addition to that COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear when the device is successfully added to the computer
6) In Odin, select the files in the order mentioned below to install on the device
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
d) Click the Pit button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. Also verify the Re-Partition checkbox is selected in case a .pit file is being used
8) Finally hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, a Pass message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. The tablet will then automatically reboot and soon the Samsung logo will appear on the screen. Now safely unplug the USB cable form the computer
[Note: If the Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE gets stuck at booting animation (after step-9) then browse to Recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Data wipe/factory reset. Then select Reboot System now to reboot the device.]
Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean firmware is now installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software running on the device.
Click here to learn how to root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean.
[Source: Android Jinn]