We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Followed by the XXBMA3 firmware, Samsung has released the Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean for the LTE version of Galaxy Note 10.1 with build number N8020. The update has been rolled out for the Plus subscriber in Poland but it also works in a few European countries. The XXBMA4 Jelly Bean firmware can be installed as OTA update as well as in kies.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE users who are looking to update their devices manually may follow the guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. The Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean firmware works only on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020; therefore, users are advised to verify the model number of their tablets before proceeding.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Make a backup of all important data of the tablet.
4) The battery of the Note should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The Galaxy Note will lose its custom ROM with the installation of the official Jelly Bean firmware. The device will also lose its custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
6) The Galaxy Note 10.1 will no longer be rooted once the official firmware is installed.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE to the computer. Extract the downloaded firmware zip file to get a .tar file and some other files
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
3) Turn off the Galaxy Note. Enter Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Wait for a few seconds, the device will be in Download Mode soon
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box. Furthermore, if the device is successfully connected, COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
Note: If the Added message does not come, then try another USB port (try USB port at the back side of the computer). If that too does not work, then reinstall the driver.
6) Select these files in the order mentioned to install in the Note
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.
7) In Odin, ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also verify Re-partition checkbox is selected, if a .pit file is being used
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin installation
9) Once the flashing is completed, a message saying PASS will appear with a green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin box. The Note will then automatically reboot and the Samsung logo will appear soon. Now, safely unplug the USB cable from the Note
Note: If the Note gets stuck at booting animation (after step-9), then browse to recovery mode by pressing Volume Up and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset and after the completion of the action select Reboot System now to reboot the device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 should now be updated with Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About Tablet to verify the software running on the device.
Head over to this thread to see how to root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]