Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 users should finally feel relieved with due release of its first official Jelly Bean update via XXBLJ9 ROM. N8000 users can now enjoy the feat of downloading this ROM either through Samsung KIES or install it manually in their spare time using this guide. Besides, the installation of this ROM does not mandate the need to root your device or install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on it, which is one less hitch to worry about.
Android 4.1.1 XXBLJ9 Jelly Bean Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- The XXBLJ9 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About tablet.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your tablet's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the XXBLJ9 ROM.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings on their device to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your tablet is factory unlocked before proceeding with the XXBLJ9 ROM installation steps.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.1 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Official XXBLJ9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.1 N8000XXBLJ9 ROM for Galaxy Note 10.1 on your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on the Note tablet.
Step 3 - Power off the device and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together, until you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot icon with a triangle on the screen. This confirms entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect Galaxy Note 10.1 to it while the tablet is still in Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your tablet connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming. So, leave it alone.
Step 7 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your tablet. These files can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the PDA button and choose the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the Phone button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit the CSC button and select the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
- Press the PIT button and choose the file named .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. In case of the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you have chosen a .pit file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Click the Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. The installation will take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, your tablet will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect your tablet from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is now successfully updated to XXBLJ9 Android 4.1.1 official firmware. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]